Elstow-Waihou Combined School is a decile 7 full-primary school serving Year 1-8 students. We are located in an attractive, rural setting close to the township of Te Aroha.
To see a video showing our school in action, click on this link:
Elstow-Waihou, as the name suggests, is a combination of two schools, which is sited on the Elstow School site. Students are drawn from the local and surrounding communities.
We are really proud of our history. The Elstow School was established in 1901.
The historical arched cast iron entrance and pillars complete with the names of local soldiers who had died in WW1 and WW2 open way to attractively appointed school buildings and grounds.
The administration block welcomes visitors to the school, adjacent to the administration block is the Endeavour - multi-purpose hall which includes a storage area, kitchen and toilet block, staging and sound system is a great asset to the school community. The school site includes six classrooms. Outside facilities include well-appointed gardens including vegetable gardens and chicken housing area (as part of the school’s involvement of Enviroschool silver award endorsement). The grounds are complete with a multi-sport astro-turf facility, large swimming pool, extensive playground, sandpit area, shaded lunch areas, storage and sports sheds, and extensive field with a native grove.
In all, the school is attractively positioned around a central assembly area with generous seating and space. Please read more about our history here.