Elstow-Waihou is a decile 7, U2, yr 0-8 primary school set in rural Waikato. We are a well-resourced, tidy school with great facilities, surrounded by a very supportive community. Our rural setting offers a fantastic lifestyle with numerous outdoor activities and we are located within close proximity to beaches and cities.
Our STAR values; Success, Teamwork, Attitude and Respect are embedded in our school culture. Our children, staff and community pride themselves on being Elstow-Waihou STAR's.
We are looking for an exceptional person to lead our STARS.
The successful applicant will:
· Be positive, motivated, personable and caring
· Be approachable and highly visible within the school and community.
· Be committed to developing the whole child and further raising student achievement
· Value our school and community traditions
· Have strong interpersonal skills with the willingness to engage and work with children, staff, trustees, parents, caregivers and the wider community
· Have proven leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong, cohesive team
· Think strategically and inspire and motivate others.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a focussed leader who is looking for their next challenge. Elstow-Waihou have a committed and highly capable staff and Board of Trustees who wish to work alongside the successful applicant to take our school on the next stage of our journey.
The start date is to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
At Elstow-Waihou we have a clear vision for our learners. We want to work in partnership with parents and families to help children become confident, skilled thinkers and communicators who work to achieve their personal best. Our vision of ‘Reach for the Stars' – 'Totoro hoki nga whetu' is one of aspiration and relentless attention to building on failures and successes within our supportive learning community. Our learners demonstrate our values of Success (Ako), Teamwork (Mahi Tahi), Attitude (Manaakitanga), and Respect (Whanaungatanga).
If you are interested in enrolling your son or daughter please feel welcome to set up an appointment with me and I will personally take you for a tour of our inclusive and engaging school.Mrs Heather Tanner (Principal)