Elstow-Waihou is a decile 7, U2, yr 0-8 primary school set in rural Waikato. We are a well-resourced, tidy school with great facilities, surrounded by a very supportive community. Our rural setting offers a fantastic lifestyle with numerous outdoor activities and we are located within close proximity to beaches and cities.
Our STAR values; Success, Teamwork, Attitude and Respect are embedded in our school culture. Our children, staff and community pride themselves on being Elstow-Waihou STAR's.
We are looking for an exceptional person to lead our STARS.
The successful applicant will:
· Be positive, motivated, personable and caring
· Be approachable and highly visible within the school and community.
· Be committed to developing the whole child and further raising student achievement
· Value our school and community traditions
· Have strong interpersonal skills with the willingness to engage and work with children, staff, trustees, parents, caregivers and the wider community
· Have proven leadership skills, with the ability to build a strong, cohesive team
· Think strategically and inspire and motivate others.
We offer an exciting opportunity for a focussed leader who is looking for their next challenge. Elstow-Waihou have a committed and highly capable staff and Board of Trustees who wish to work alongside the successful applicant to take our school on the next stage of our journey.
The start date is to be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Please visit our website at www.elstow-waihou.school.nz
My name is Heather Tanner and it gives me great pleasure to welcome you to our school website.
My role of principal at Elstow-Waihou School is one of the most rewarding experiences in my career. The children, teachers, staff, Board and PTA are all strong advocates of our school. It is a privilege to work with and for such an inclusive and committed community of learners.
Elstow-Waihou prides itself on proactively creating a future focused modern learning environment that positively embraces change and prepares our children for their future.
As a school community we really care about our school and the people in and associated with it.
My desire for children is to have self-belief, nimble minds, appreciate their past, look forward to their future with direction, contribute to society and manage themselves appropriately in a range of contexts.